Saturday, March 17, 2018

Live Love Laugh - Journal Art Scrapmatts


Live Laugh Love

Hello All
Welcome to March 

I am sharing with you today an art journal page that I created using Scrapmatts stencils and chipboard.

As I have been looking after my mother in law (dementia) the last month, as my father in law has had a stroke and is still recovering in hospital, I have been very time poor.

So while I have been staying at Mum's house, I wanted to keep being creative. This is where I find that having my art journal allows me to do this. Keeps those creative juices flowing. 
Scrapmatts products make it even easier to create as they have so many stencils available.

Here is my finished page. 



To create the base I used Distress Oxides and water to create a watercolour effect.
Then I used the ST5046 Lattice stencil,and ST9012 Patterns stencil with embossing paste to create texture. 




ST5046


ST9012

 I inked through the ST9027 Damask stencil with Wilted Violet Distress Ink to create the damask shape.



I have used the CB4050 Assorted Words for the quote. 

 I have left them raw and just added a black line with my fine liner pen around the outside of the letters and the page.


CB4050


To finish off the page I have splattered some ink using Kaisercraft Mists.

Thanks for stopping by.

Til next time
DREAM*CREATE*INSPIRE

JD
xx
2018






3 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear things have been difficult for you lately Jodie, and I am glad to see you have found some time to create.. I really believe creating is a great de-stresser.. love your journal page, great stenciling... I hope things improve for you soon... xx lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear! Your journaling page looks fabulous, love the colours and the stencilling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your kind words ladies. Mum is now in care and Dad is there as well, so now time to get back to creating.

    ReplyDelete